‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ is the funniest Marvel movie

Guardians+of+the+Galaxy+Vol.+2+is+the+funniest+Marvel+movie

Chris Volzke

 BY CHRIS VOLZKE (’17)

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” came out last Thursday and Marvel has done it once again. Following up the highly-praised Guardians of the Galaxy, this sequel does not disappoint and gives audiences more of what they loved from the first one.

Out of all the Marvel movies, excluding “Deadpool”, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is the funniest of them all. The jokes seem to never stop coming and they range from cheesy fun humor, to laugh out loud adult jokes that will go right over the kid’s heads. The two funniest characters in the movie would be Drax and Baby Groot. Baby Groot was best character in the movie, taking the audience through an emotional roller coaster.

The jokes about 98% of the time are great and they land, but the other 2% the movie probably could have done without them. But that is what I would have expected from a movie like “Guardians of the Galaxy”.

Some of the performances aren’t quite as good as the first one. I would say Zoe Saldana wasn’t quite as good this time around, Rocket felt a little weak for my taste but they weren’t bad. Just not as dynamic as they could have been.

Overall, the movie was exceptional. Chris Pratt was great. His scene with Teenage Groot was so funny. The Stan Lee was the best cameo yet, except for the Deadpool scene of course. The emotional parts of the movie landed pretty well but some of them were cut short due to a joke

Overall, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is a great movie. In my opinion, it was better in the first but it was not a perfect movie. The jokes were a little much at times, but other than that I enjoyed the whole movie. From beginning to end, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is a fun time.