Healthy lunches help with health

Chips or raspberries? What would you choose? Raspberries is the better choice. Photo Credit: Luke Dixon

Lunch is one of the three meals a day, where energy for the afternoon comes into place, and that energy should be healthy.

High school students are choosing more junk food over healthy food, during lunchtime with a limited lunch menu this year.

We believe that students are choosing to eat chips, cookies, pretzels, pizza and other tasty, sugary snacks over nutritious fruits and vegetables most of the time. And I think they do not understand how eating junk food can impact your health at any time. And for the athletic students, they should stop eating junk and eat more fruits and vegetables while working out, building muscle and practicing.

There are a few solutions that I would suggest. The administration should either remove or limit the number of junk food choices at school. Or, make all food choices at school healthier or add more choices to the menu, but have to be healthy.

Students, and even young children, are not eating healthy because they do not care or pay attention too much to their health. As a matter of fact, healthy eating can prevent chronic diseases from happening later in life. By starting to eat healthy as a child, it can stay with you forever.

There are many reasons why junk food can impact your health and others. It can cause memory and learning problems, which is not good for learning and studying school subjects.

It can also create impatience and uncontrollable cravings, which is even worse for students and other people. The worst thing that can happen is that anyone could end up with risks of obesity, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease or even cancer.

Readers should absolutely understand and pay attention to this solution that we highly recommend for everyone, including students. Try eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein and all other food groups at every meal for a period of a few weeks or a few months.

Even though some junk food, like burgers, fries, chips, cookies, pizza, etc. is delicious, it is not good to have it all the time, because you could hurt your health in a bad way. But eating nutritious snacks, fruits, vegetables, proteins, whole grains, and other healthy food is a smart choice for a happy and healthy lifestyle.