Top Ten 80s Movies

BY PAIGE GRIESSE (’15)

1. “The Breakfast Club” (1985)
Five high school students who all meet in Saturday school, pour their hearts out and have a day of fun where they discover they have a lot more in common than they realize. A great way to pass the time with this all-time classic. This movie gives a good laugh while teaching a great lesson about life.

2. “Dirty Dancing” (1987)
Frances “Baby” stays at a summer camp with her family, and she falls in love with the camp dance instructor Johnny Castle. This movie is great if you’re looking for a love story that is attention grabbing and heartwarming.

3. “The Goonies” (1985)
A group of friends set out on an adventure for a pirate’s treasure that can possibly save their home from foreclosure. An amazing movie if you’re looking for one to watch with the kids. It is an attention grabber and keeps you hooked the whole time.

4. “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off “(1986)
A high school boy who is invincible in his own head is determined to have a day off of school and has to manage to hold off the principal. This know it all high schooler will show you a day to remember and make viewers wish this experience was realistic.

5. “Caddyshack” (1980)
A golf course has to deal with a destructive gopher and a paranoid new member that is obsessed with getting rid of this gopher. This movie without a real plot is a great comedy that will keep you laughing because all of the outrageous events that take place.

6. “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” (1982)
A small group of California teens live life to the fullest with rock n roll and lots of partying and girls. Looking for a good laugh? Well look no more, fast times at Ridgemont high is a must see comedy that will keep you laughing without a doubt for the entire movie.

7. “Christmas Vacation” (1989)
The Griswalds plans for a big family Christmas quickly turns into a disaster. The best Christmas movie that will give the family a good laugh and make the family thankful none of this really happens.

8. “The Outsiders” (1983)
A rivalry between the greasers (the poor) and the socs (the rich), gets heated very fast when one of the Greasers shoots a Soc. This cast is so unbelievable which includes Tom Hanks, Rob low, and many more which makes it a must see movie.

9. “Weird Science” (1985)
Two high school nerds aim to create the perfect woman on a computer and make her become realistic and she changes their life dramatically. This movie is perfect for teenage boys and shows them a lesson that you can’t have the perfect women.

10. “Back to the Future” (1985)
A young man is accidentally sent 30 years back in time, Dr. Emmett Brown must make sure his high school aged parents stay together in order to save his own existence. This time traveling movie is a one of a kind that leaves you wanting more at the end.